I sure do love the ease of one-pan Sunday dinners. This one is a favourite of FunkyPlaid’s: mini turkey meatloaf and maple green beans. This clever gluten-free recipe from Whole Foods uses grated sweet potato as the meatloaf binder instead of breadcrumbs. Check your barbecue sauce before adding, because some barbecue sauces contain malt vinegar.
What’s your favourite Sunday dinner? Let me know in the comments.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for oiling pan
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ½ cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato grated
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce divided
- 1 ¾ teaspoon sea salt divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper freshly ground and divided
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). Lightly oil a large sheet tray. In a bowl, mix turkey, onion, sweet potato, 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Form into four loaves, brush with remaining 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and bake on sheet tray for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with maple syrup, oil and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange on sheet tray next to meatloaves and roast until tender and meatloaves are cooked through (165°F/74ºC), 20 to 25 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving