With the evil cousin of Hurricane Bawbag rattling at our shutters, here are some links of UK weather-related websites and apps.
- BBC Weather: An obvious choice for me because I like the design and typography. O, and it's the BBC or something.
- Met Office UK Weather: The Met Office page isn't as pretty but has lots and lots of maps. (Ditto Weather.com and Accuweather.)
- XCWeather: There is a lot of science behind this site. I just like the wind observation arrows.
- The UK Weather Information Site: Crunch your own data!
- Ant Veal's GreatWeather: So very many links. 1293 as of this writing.
- Weather Underground: My personal favorite, and it has been for many years. I also like their weather badges for embedding in websites. Like this one:
Click for weather forecast
Weathermob and Swackett are two iPhone apps I have been enjoying lately. The former has social networking components, and the latter distills weather data into suggestions on how best to dress for the current conditions and temperature.
If you have returned to work, I hope your commute was as painless as possible. Also, Moodscope reports that today is the unhappiest day of the year, so watch your internal weather, too.