Okay, okay, now I’ve been tagged to do this meme too many times, and I am pretty sure that I’ve done this sort of list multiple times now, but I just discovered a bizarre pattern in my life concerning the number 8, so what the hell!
“Here’s [sic] the rules of engagement: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people and posts their blog names, then hopes they notice they have been tagged and continue this chain ad nauseum.”
- Sometimes I’ll keep reading a book I’m not enjoying simply because it smells good.
- I sing to my cat, mostly because I love to sing, but also because she meows along. Our current favorite line: “Here I am! Rock you like a Zennycane!”
- To this day, I avoid stepping on sidewalk cracks because of that horrible saying I heard in grade school, “Step on a crack, break your mother’s back.” Horrid.
- I am the only person I know who loves Star Trek: Voyager, even more than I love ST:TNG, which is a whole lot.
- I love it when my friends hug me, and especially when they kiss my cheek while hugging me. I also love walking arm-in-arm. I absolutely hate being patted on the head.
- Order is very important to me in my external world because my internal one is so chaotic. I can seem inflexible at times because of this tendency toward order. I am passionate about lists, outlines, grammar, taxonomies, definitions, labels, maps, calendars and diagrams. I keep the same things in the same places in my purse. I appreciate symmetry and palindromes.
- Many of my nightmares involve shopping for clothes, especially not being able to find something that fits, or finding something that fits but changes sizes while I’m trying it on. From this list you may correctly surmise that the only thing I hate more than head pats is clothes shopping.
- The way I’ve responded to creepy come-ons and lame posturing in the past has been considered mean. I no longer have qualms about standing up for myself. Want to call me a bitch for doing so? Have at. Calling me names says way more about you than about me.
I’m not going to play favorites and I can’t remember everyone who tagged me, so if you’re reading this far, consider yourself tagged. Do it!