I went back to the Friday Five today.
1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?
One house in Pennsylvania, then one house and two apartments in Illinois, then one house and two dorm rooms in Pennsylvania, then one dorm room and one apartment in Alabama, then three apartments and one house in California, and now my current apartment, also in California.
2. Which was your favorite and why?
“Was”? My favorite is my current apartment. It’s one mile from where I work, quiet, private, cozy, and I only share it with Zen. I can listen to TMBG, read for hours at a time, eat whatever I want, clean up after only myself. Living alone definitely suits me.
3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
More exciting, because it’s a whole new place!
4. What’s more important, location or price?
Location. Having a five-minute commute is a glorious thing. Being close to public transportation is a must. Also, I’m only a 20-minute drive from downtown San Francisco when there’s no traffic.
5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
My dream house is a guest cottage on someone else’s gorgeous estate, which would have a solarium, a library, a laundry room, and a spa bath. I would also like a koi pond, please. I am perfectly content to rent a small space in the world as long as I am within walking distance of good stuff!