I only wish I were joking about my answers to this week’s Friday Five:
- What was the first thing you ever cooked? Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
- What’s your signature dish? Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
- Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn’t work, etc.) Describe. I’m a cooking disaster. Other than that, I suppose it’d have to be the homemade Thai food incident. Chad and I cooked for a friend of mine who was passing through Birmingham, Alabama, when we lived there. This friend was subjected to terrifying pad thai and horrific tom kha. I’m surprised he’s still speaking to me.
- If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? Lobster bisque, filet mignon, brussels sprouts, coconut ginger rice, and probably egg custard for dessert. I know, it doesn’t go together well, but I have no palate. I just like what I like.
- What are you doing this weekend? Sleeping in, reading, doing laundry, cleaning house, working on my mom’s website, and writing. And now, avoiding the kitchen.