tomorrow is the company picnic and as i started to update this about something else entirely, an email arrived disclosing the menu. tell me if this sounds like what you normally would eat at a company picnic:
- Herb Marinated Rocky Range Chicken
- Louisiana Liane’s Famous Marinated Pork Ribs
- Fresh Corn on the Cob (served from the husks)
- Grilled Vegetable Antipasta (red & green peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, roasted garlic & balsamic onions)
- Penne Pasta (with seared radicchio, baby spinach, cherry tomato, roasted garlic & parmesan cheese)
- Butterleaf Lettuce Greens (with gorgonzola, candied walnuts & grannysmith apples tossed in a sherry & mustard vinaigrette)
- Carved Fruit & Cheese Display (cottswald, smoked gouda & smoked salmon layered brie with grapes, apples, berries, peaches, melon & other seasonal fruits, water wafers & seeded baguettes)
- Dessert: Grilled O’Henry Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Beverages: Bogle Sauvignon Blanc, Bogle Cabernet, Christophe Merlot, Assorted beer/ciders/soda, water
i didn’t think so.
shhh. i’m bringing a plastic-lined shopping bag.